Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Fives- 5 things you do to relax....

I LOVE this topic! I got this Friday 5's from The Crazy Life of LT and her hilarious blog. Every Friday she has a great topic to write about and list 5 neat things. Here are mine...



1.  SCRUB , SCRUB, SCRUB - Some might call this strange but if I am super stressed out and need to take out some frustration I tend to hit the bathrooms and floors for some heavy duty cleaning. There is something so calming about scrubbing the crap out of floors, tubs, grout etc. that just makes all worries go away....
                                                       


2. Grab a brush and let it go- Ahhhh! Painting to me is one of the most beneficial things a person can do! It helps you in so many ways. I can be in a complete terrible mood and go in my art room to paint for a while only to come out much happier and calmer than before. It is like going to another place for me...a happy place where nothing can bother me or stress me out. I turn my ipod on and let the paint flow!
                                    I painted this for my mom for Mother's Day this year. It was a stormy day and there were tornadoes all around us but I didn't seem to mind that day because I was in my own little world.


3. A pinch of this and a dash of that- I love to bake! Baking is such a fun thing to do and honestly to me the best part of baking is seeing the person or people enjoy it that you are making it for. That always brings me such happiness. I can always bake something to help me relax. The smell of something baking doesn't hurt either ;).

                                  I made these for an awesome friend of mine. He loves cupcakes so for his birthday I made him the closest thing to Gigi's that I could. Happy Birthday Randy!!!

4. Give it to Goodwill- Can we say obsessed?! Yes, I have a slight obsession with the Goodwill but honestly I feel like it is so much cooler for you to go and get something that is gently used and spend $2 instead of $200. I always find great things there and who cares if they were on someones back a week ago? I can get lost in the place! I love it!
                                                       
 5.  Plant it and it will grow-  I love to play in the dirt! I go out back and stay for hours. I get my little basket and scissors and head out to dead head all my flowers for seeding them the next time. I pull weeds, I replant stuff. You name it and I am pretty sure that I do it. I just love it! I am pretty sure that Dr. Pepper feels like he has gotten into a relationship with the "crazy plant lady" :). 



What do you do to relax?  
             


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leelou Blogs