Thursday, June 17, 2010

Book worm

I have more time on my hands here lately than I did in the months past so I have started reading more. Books can be quite expensive and my girlfriends like to exchange then with me if they are really good so I go to McKay's Used books to get them. It is such a cool place and they have everything you could possibly imagine! They even have Wii remotes. I can get lost in there for a hours just looking around.  In school we always had a summer reading list and I never read any of them and to this day I can still hear my teacher from Sophomore year's English saying " class this semester we are going to read the Glass Menagerie" and she had a voice that made nails on a chalk board sound good. She was awful! Maybe that is why I never read it? Who knows but every time she spoke I would shrill and still do at the thought of her voice. EEK! ha ha
Now that I am older I pick different books...fun reads...funny ones about things I can relate to now. I just finished Jemima J and I loved it!
 A few of my girlfriends suggested it and now I can agree that it is a great book! I am currently reading Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble.

Here are some of the books that are next on my list:




Good Grief - Lolly Winston



                Just Breathe - Susan Wiggs


Life As I Know It - Melanie Rose
                Just Like Me Only Better- Carol Snow    
                                
                                         

It's Now or Never -   
     Carole Matthews 
                                      Time of my Life         
                                               Allison  Winn Scotch  - 
     The One I Want


                                                           Nancy's Theory of Style -
                                                                Grace Coopersmith

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions. I LOVE to read and I just finished my last book. I'm gonna check out your list and head to BAM!

    ReplyDelete

Leelou Blogs