Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Grocery Tips

                                                                              

                                               
Going to the store is a chore that tops the "least favorite" chart for me.
I am the girl that always gets stuck behind the little elderly lady on the riding cart,



 
while in front of the "I am way too cool for a buggy" girl that is talking so loud on her phone that you can hear every word she is saying while juggling her basket at the same time ( ha ha you know the type).




Oh, but it's never a complete trip until I see the ever so faithful " I am here to pick up my next ex wife" guy. Sometimes there are more than one.  Usually over dressed or over cologned (GAG) and sometimes they might even be way over age for what he is preying on ha ha but it never fails...they are there on the prowl! I don't know what movie they saw that told them to seek out women in the Kroger but I see it all the time and it cracks me up!






No matter how much I loathe shopping, I LOVE seeing how much I can save. Here are a few tips I have learned along the way:

* Plan your meals- when you know what you will be eating for the week you will have a better understanding of what to buy at the store.
* Buy what you will eat- I hate to see food go to waste. There are many times when I will buy meat and pre-patty it out and then wrap it up into servings for two to freeze.
* Get creative- when planning a meal step out of the box. Cook dried beans  (see recipe on Yummy page) overnight in a crock pot and serve them over rice.
*Add nuts and fruits to your salads for a little change.
* Get your coupons ready before you go!


* Don't forget about your local Farmer's Market also! Sometimes shopping there can be 1/2 the price of what you would pay at the grocery store. I love the Farmer's Market here in Nashville!

Hope these help and keep your eyes peeled for Mr. Smellgood at a store near you! ha ha











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leelou Blogs